Because the credit union movement is a social movement, social involvement is part of the credit union philosophy and operating principles. Missoula Federal Credit Union owes a certain debt to its community, which provides us with a place to conduct our business. We intend to be a socially responsible member of our community, by supporting selective social activities which are directed toward the betterment of our general membership area.
Habitat for Humanity Blitz Build
Missoula Federal Credit Union teamed up with Habitat for Humanity of Ravalli County for a 3 day Forests for Humanity Blitz Build on October 17th-19th, 2014. Click below to learn more!
Volunteer Work In the Community
The credit union not only supports our community through partnerships, sponsorships and corporate contributions, we also encourage our employees to get involved doing the same thing. Some examples of places where our employees volunteer in and contribute to the success of local events and organizations include:
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life
- American Heart Association Heart Walk
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids’ Sake
- Missoula Aging Services
- Missoula Children’s Theater
- Missoula Food Bank
- United Way Day of Caring
- United Way
- YWCA Women’s Shelter
In addition, we offer a donation matching program for our employees who want to financially support their favorite organizations.
It is Missoula Federal Credit Union’s policy to support staff involvement and invest financial resources in selected charitable, community, and civic organizations. We align our organization with organizations that have goals and objectives consistent with the credit union philosophy of improving members’ well-being, promoting cooperative self-help and bringing about human and social development.
We will consider the following when deciding on charitable contributions:
- Familiarity with the cause;
- Overlap of efforts with a similar supported organization;
- Impact of our contribution on the organization’s cause and number of individuals affected;
- Recognition of contribution
Eligible contribution recipients must be an authorized tax-exempt organization as defined by section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Ineligible Organizations include:
- Political or partisan organizations;
- Religious, ethnic, labor or fraternal groups unless the group is sponsoring an event or activity that is consistent with the credit union philosophy and corporate objectives; and
- Individuals who are seeking funds for personal endeavors.
Total contributions will be approved each year in the annual budget. Contributions may be designated to appropriate charitable, community, and civic organizations based on the guidelines of the Social Responsibility Policy at the Missoula Federal Credit Union.
To place a contribution request, please complete our request form below. Incomplete forms will not be considered. Applications are reviewed on a monthly basis by either the Community Involvement Committee or an Employee Social Responsibility Committee, depending on the amount of the request.