Go beyond banking. Make a difference and join today!
Where you bank matters. When you become a member of Missoula Federal Credit Union, every swipe, deposit, and payment you make supports the things you believe in. As a values-based credit union, we’re a little different. We’re member-owned and strive to put our members’ funds to work in ways that provide benefits to people, the local economy, and the environment.
How to Join
At this time, you must visit an MFCU branch to establish your membership. To qualify for membership, you must live or work in Missoula, Lake, Ravalli, Beaverhead, Deer Lodge, Granite, and Silver Bow Counties. A minimum deposit of $5 purchases your share of the credit union cooperative and establishes your voting rights as a member.
- $5 to start your share account
- a photo ID with your current address
- OR other documentation that proves you qualify for membership (pay stubs, utility bills, or student ID from within our field of membership)
Once you are an MFCU member, you may remain an MFCU member for as long as you wish, even if you move out of our membership area (provided you keep your accounts in good standing with us). Thanks to online account access and direct deposit, you can maintain your MFCU membership no matter where you go! In addition, immediate family members are eligible for membership, even if they live outside our membership area.
As a values-based bank, we’re proud to be members of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values. GABV is a network of banking leaders from around the world committed to advancing positive change in the banking sector. Our collective goal is to change the banking system so that it is more transparent, supports economic, social and environmental sustainability, and is composed of a diverse range of banking institutions serving the real economy. Click the link below to watch a video about values-based banking and learn why it’s such a big deal!
Together We Own
What we do is rooted in cooperative ownership.
- We believe in cooperating to make banking a force for good.
- We are committed to making sound business decisions that are in the interests of our member shareholders.
- We steward resources toward long-term sustainability rather than short-term gain.
Together We Include
What we do is rooted in being inclusive, not exclusive.
- We believe in inclusion. We seek to include all walks of life in our work.
- We welcome diversity and recognize it as critical to our performance.
Together We Empower
What we do is rooted in ensuring that everyone touched by our work is better equipped for tomorrow than they were yesterday.
- We believe in empowering our team and our members with access to information, education and decision-making.
- We believe in the power of transparency and simplicity.
- We are committed to solving problems and creating opportunities.
Together We Matter
What we do is all about making a difference in the world.
- We believe in delivering impact by acting as a catalyst for positive social, economic and environmental change.
- We are committed to allocating resources and transforming our balance sheet to seed this social, economic and environmental change.
- We expect our members and the communities we serve to hold us accountable for making change. We will measure our impact.